Sam Rit Residency provides residents with safe and secure facilities and community access to introduce an amazing part of the world. We can also assist in obtaining resources and materials to support the creative process.
Each resident can tailor the facilities and services they require to suit their needs by choosing from one of our 3 package options available. Please see our fee information page here)
All residents enjoy the benefit of
- Self-contained rooms furnished with a bed, linen, towels, electricity, air conditioning, and running water. Each room has their own bathroom. We have the capacity to cater for up to 8 separate residents at a time.
- Six rooms have adjoined en suite bathrooms of which four are single and one twin and one double. All showers have hot water systems installed.
- Access to the Common Room providing storage for food, cooking facilities, kitchen appliances, washing facilities and a social space to connect with other residents. All the basics are provided as part of the fee including toilet paper, washing powder, dish washing liquid, mosquito spray, basic cooking sauces and drinking water.
- Access to the shared airconditioned Studio providing working space with desks, office chairs, pedestal fans and desk lamps. A large undercover outdoor area 20m long x 14.5m wide and 7m high is also available for those wishing to use larger space perfect for large installations dance/theatre/performance/film projection use.
- High speed 5G Wi-Fi internet
- A bicycle is provided to each resident as well as a mobile phone with the use of the residency mobile phone.
Extra services available
For a competative extra cost residents can also choose to include the following services and facilities in their stay by upgrading their residency package to include
- Airport transfers between either Suvarnabhumi International Airport, or Don Muang International Airport in Bangkok.
- A guided 2 day orientation upon arrival, introducing places of interests, local facilities and orientation within the village including meals, transport and entry fees for these two days.
- Trips to local markets, convenience and grocery stores giving residents the opportunity to stock up on food, art supplies and any other necessities unavailable at the village convenience stores,
- An emergency support system with an English speaking guide who will remain on call for the duration of the residency.
All residents are responsible for
- The cost of daily meals
- Any additional phone credit for the residency phone
- Transport in and around the village and surrounding areas if not via bicycle. Day packages and tours are available as well as the option to book a car or hire a motorcycle
- Airfares to and from Thailand.
- Travel and medical insurance.
- Working materials, personal needs and living costs