Sam Rit Residency provides residents with safe and secure facilities and community access to introduce an amazing part of the world. We can also assist in obtaining resources and materials to support the creative process.
All residents enjoy the benefit of
- Self-contained rooms furnished with a bed, linen, towels, electricity, air conditioning, and running water. Each room has their own bathroom. We have the capacity to cater for up to 5 separate residents at a time.
- Four rooms have adjoined en suite bathrooms of which three are single and one a twin. All showers have hot water systems installed.
- Access to the Common Room providing storage for food, cooking facilities, kitchen appliances, washing facilities and a social space to connect with other residents. All the basics are provided as part of the fee including toilet paper, washing powder, dish washing liquid, mosquito spray, basic cooking sauces and drinking water.
- Access to the shared Studio providing working space with desks, office chairs, pedestal fans and desk lamps. A large undercover outdoor area is also available for those wishing to use larger space perfect for dance/theatre/performance use.
- High speed Wi-Fi internet
- A bicycle is provided to each resident as well as a mobile phone with the use of the residency mobile phone.
Extra services available (included)
- Airport transfers between either Suvarnabhumi International Airport, or Don Muang International Airport in Bangkok.
- A guided 2 day orientation upon arrival, introducing places of interests, local facilities and orientation within the village including meals, transport and entry fees for these two days.
- Trips to local markets, convenience and grocery stores giving residents the opportunity to stock up on food, art supplies and any other necessities unavailable at the village convenience stores,
- An emergency support system with an English speaking guide who will remain on call for the duration of the residency.
All residents are responsible for
- The cost of daily meals
- Any additional phone credit for the residency phone
- Transport in and around the village and surrounding areas if not via bicycle. Day packages and tours are available as well as the option to book a car or hire a motorcycle
- Airfares to and from Thailand.
- Travel and medical insurance.
- Working materials, personal needs and living costs
Financial Assistance to Residents:
Sam Rit Residency is a non-profit entity without government or philanthropic funding. Proceeds from the program are put directly back into the Sam Rit community through employment and projects. Unfortunately we are unable to provide direct financial assistance to residents. We have however reduced the cost of the program to just cover the services we provide and offer a range of packages for residents to choose from. We are also happy to assist residents who are applying for external funding in the form of Letters of Support.